Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Re uh...re...recap?

For the last week and half I’ve been MIA, and honestly it was nice. I feel like I’ve become addicted to the net in my bored moments, which are many it seems. After a trip to Oklahoma for work, Memorial Day, and my mini-hiking excursion my days have been rather full if I allow myself to actually consider it. The pace however is still much slower than I’m used to and I find myself looking for things to keep my mind occupied. There are a lot of really crappy things going down right now. My best friend is getting married and I can’t go. A chain of events has left me stranded in hillbilly hollow and I will miss his big day. I’m really saddened by this; I love him very much and feel as if I am failing him as a friend by not being there. Anyway I won’t dwell on how bothered I am by that and instead I will get to a happier event. On Monday I went with two of my good friends from hillbilly hollow on a grand adventure. What was initially planed as a three day camping trip, slowly turned more< into a day trip and was a blast. We left around noon and headed to a local Mill/Spring and went hiking. I’ll post a few pictures to show why the Ozarks are one of the most amazing places in the world, but I also have to say I suffered greatly for this adventure. I have a blister a little larger than a dime on my right heel and bug bites all over me, blasted itching, but it was so worth it all. So for your viewing pleasure…the Ozarks in summer.








3 comments:

GrumpyTeacher1 said...

I think I know where you went, and it is a beautiful area. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Any chances of visiting folks outside of Hillbilly Hollow?

Lucindyl said...

One of my all time favorite spots if it's where I think it is!! Oh, beautiful pictures, Meg! Well done. I can almost feel the cool air coming off of the spring, just looking at it.

GrumpyTeacher1 said...

Meg, shoot us an e-mail at grumpyteacher@gmail.com if you still want to visit some misfits.