Wednesday, March 29, 2006

and she hits a Grand Slam!

Who here is a baseball fan? *jumps up and down waving frantically* A few minutes ago out of curiosity I checked the spring schedule for the Cards. I love baseball so much that my life tends to start to revolve around it. Summers growing up were spent with my Papa watching every televised game, it was our thing. Having been raised on Cardinal Baseball, I’m a diehard fan. Unfortunately living so far away from St. Louis has made it more than a little difficult in the past few years to attend games. I even had to miss the final games in my beloved Busch stadium before renovation. Still I survived and even looked into season tickets or tickets for certain series. That being said, to me the largest rivalry for the Cards is hands down the Houston Astros. Hate really isn’t a strong enough word for how I feel about this team, and while I respect their players, for me Astros vs. Cards is just like Yankees vs. Red Sox…its really that serious. So as I’m looking at the schedule, guess who is playing a three game series exactly one month before my birthday at Busch stadium…oh come on…guess! That’s right, the Cards vs. Astros, now I just need someone to come with me…this would make my lame birthday amazing (even if its a month early)…I really want to do this! I can just see me in the stadium screaming and having a grand old time, finally enjoying a birthday, something I’ve been denied the last three years. I need to start harassing people about coming with me; unfortunately no one I know loves baseball quite like me. I bet I can woo someone or I might just have to kidnap someone to go otherwise, and going to jail for baseball is a little extreme, even for me.

No comments: