Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Waiting...

Sometimes I feel as if I'm just hanging out waiting...okay edit I feel like I'm always sitting around waiting, but for what? I was just sitting in my room playing Mario listing to Freebird and it struck me, in less than 8 months I'll be 23. This spring I was supposed to graduate from College, and I was going to do a backpack trip through Europe to celebrate. Over two years ago I realized this was just a dream and I'd be in school much longer than expected. What am I doing with my life? 23 is not old, I won't pretend that it is, but look how fast it crept up on me. Soon I'll look back and I'll be 30 and then 40 and before long I'll be my Papa's age. The years are increasing in speed and I'm starting to feel as if I'm wasting it. Clarkie came over tonight, and his fiancee called him. I listened to him talk to her and saw his demeanor change, and smack another shining example of people growing up. Why can't we stay here a little longer? Why can't Lost night be our thing for another 5 or 6 years? Why can't I always sleep on an air mattress and go to class and work? This is safe, this is comfortable, this is home...but for how much longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I really know how you feel. I feel the same at the moment, having spent 5 semesters at University already and still I don*t know what to do later in life. People around me have plans for jobs, have partners and soon they will have families on their own. I feel lonely without a partner, without a perspective, something I know I can and want to do for the rest of my life.
Maja is visiting me at the moment. Do you remember her? The girl I met in New York in 1999, who came to visit me with her brother at Mtn. High school. We thought we could reach everything in life, but now... so much has passed. People have enteed our lives and left them again, hopes have transformed into desillusionments, trust and faith into mistrust and uncertainty. Growing old scares me. I am not mature, not ready to have a family of my own. I am too scared of time fleeing, things changing. And yet, I want things to happen. Life is odd...
I hope you will find what you are looking for. I hope you will get to see Italy and taste some Milanese Ice-cream.

Take care,
Sara