Monday, April 03, 2006

Every school year I like to write a Top 10 list of events or memories of the year or semester depending. I ended up missing last semester’s Top 10 so here folks is the 05-06 Review in no particular order.

1. My Tattoo- I love it, and I am really glad I actually did it. The experience was a crazy one. Anne who was completely composed and me shaking like a leaf both did something we’d be talking about for months. It was a bonding experience for us and something crazy to represent the changes in my life this year. I love how I designed it and the meaning behind each piece of it. It was something I can't believe I did, but that I seriously do not regret.

2. The Zoo- My apt became a zoo with all the animals that passed through it. From Barnaby the dog, Zoey the dog, Crissy the hamster, and my fish Ma’a it was like we couldn’t live without animals. In the end Barnaby was puppynapped, Zoey was given away to a friend, Ma’a passed away (may he swim in peace somewhere), and only Crissy remains.

3. Black Belt Fever- My sis got her black belt! I wanted so badly to be there, but the way we had to leave Spring Break meant we’d miss her test. I am so proud of her. Kat really is just the best sister I could ask for, she is so much more than a younger sibling, she is a best friend. I couldn’t ask for more.

4. The Air Mattress Blues- Having all the trouble with the air mattress last semester. It was a crazy ride and I mean that literally. From the tiny pin prick sized hole all the way to the hole a child’s fist would fit in. Then the adventure in buying a new mattress which also had a hole in it…how’s that for luck? I never actually got another queen platform mattress and still sleep on the replacements replacement mattress, it has yet to pop or get a hole. *cheers*

5. Hair Dye Hell- After getting blonde highlights I had to get my hair dyed like every 3 weeks to keep my roots from showing, before I knew it I was almost completely blonde, and I suddenly wanted out. So in order to look less blonde I went from getting highlights to getting a weave. That is where some natural color is dyed into the hair with the highlights in an effort to keep from turning into the highlight color completely. The problem was that the “natural” color was at least 4 shades lighter than my actual natural color and I now had to pay even more to maintain my hair color. I finally gave up and dyed my hair back to its natural color over Christmas break, this however resulted in orange, and had to dye it the darkest shade of brown to cover it. Things are pretty much back to normal now, minus the lighter streaks of honey hair where my highlights used to be.

6. Homecoming- My friend Greg came to OSU and he, Anne, and I all went to the game. It was a blast to attend the walk around and see the huge scenes set up by the frats and sororities. The game was probably one of the most exciting of the season and I’ll never forget the insane cheering, wild dancing, excited high fives, and hugging in the first half as we stomped Texas. We lost the game, but it is one of the best memories I have from fall.

7. Family Feud- So many times I’ve gone around this in my head, and the only answer I have for it, it is what it is. The crazy times with my family made this school year the hardest I’ve ever gone through and I can’t say that it ever really got better. From where I sit today I feel more alienated then I did when I first met my Dad my freshman year in HS. I can only hope that someday things will be congenial if nothing else. I just wish this didn't affect how often I get to see my sis, I really miss her.

8. Twinkie Decay- The changes in my relationship with Jason have always been drama, but somehow even with the total change in our lives, his impending marriage, and my adoration for another, we’ve managed to still be the best of friends. I’m not sure that we will be best friends after this summer, but the ride was crazy and totally worth it. He is one of those people you know you were destined to meet.

9. Cheese me- Brett has been apart of my life in a steady sense for quite awhile now, but he really has become more than a passing phase for me. We hit it off from the beginning and honestly I’ve never met someone so different from me, and yet so alike me. My life has been crazy this past year and he has been there through it all with me. I love his humor, intellect, talent, easy temperament, kindness, and a million other things about him. He makes me happy, quite the feet these days, and I can’t imagine my life without him in it. I adore him and am excited that he adores me just as much, its Lurve, Luff, and a whole lot of that cheesy stuff =)

10. Titanic- Getting to go to the titanic museum in Branson with my friend Nikkie was amazing. Nikkie and I have known each other since I was in 4th grade; her sis and I have been friends since then as well. Nicole grew up like a sister in my life. She is a great girl and I love her dearly. We have a love for similar things and even more than that we enjoy spending time together. The trip to the museum was a blast and a lot of that was because she was there. I’m excited to spend time with her this summer.

No comments: