Friday, April 14, 2006

From Exit to Exit...

Yesterday was odd to say the least, and now I face the early morning predawn of a Friday. I love this time of day, it’s as if the whole world is asleep waiting for the sun to bid it good morning, but a few of us know the secret of the stillness that only comes from the anticipation of the sun’s light. I find peace in the melancholy of these moments. Today begins my grand adventure home, I am glad to see my family, I have missed them. We are a quirky conglomeration of duck tape pieces stuck together by fate, held together by our own special kind of love. My mom and Herb were adopted, because my Gran was unable to have children, yet this family is as much my blood as my real dad who ignores my existence. Herb who is aprox. 27 years older than me loves to “inform” me of how my life should work, the weekend will be filled with our arguing about things as important as what I do with the rest of my life to the silliness of what temp. to bake the biscuits for breakfast. His wife will try to keep his temper at bay and Papa will just tell me that Herb is to hard headed and I shouldn’t try. It’s frustrating, but it is also 100% mine. I look forward to the car trip with my favorite music blaring from the speakers and the stretch of Ozark highway in front of me.
There are a lot of things I can be thankful for, and when I start to feel as if the world has it out for me, I attempt to remember them. I still can’t believe how blessed I’ve been with people; yesterday Steph (my manager) brought me dinner because I was going to miss it. I was working a couple of shifts for some of the CA’s who couldn’t be there. She also is really good about throwing out a great joke when I need to laugh. Then of course my Brett who encourages me, listens to me, and is willing to put up with everything that I am…good and bad. Of course I can’t leave out my sis who is definitely just the coolest teenager to ever walk the face of the planet and a great friend. My Papa who refuses to allow me to slip between the cracks, if I don’t call him he calls me, everyday we talk…and boy do I need him. Christy my ever patient, ever loving, ever there Tulsa roomie who happens to also be just the coolest adult to ever pay bills. Sara…who in her own way shows how much she cares for her other roomies, me and Christy. Mike and Cyndi who are a family to me even if I’m not “tech” apart of theirs…From Cyndi listening to me talk about the hardest things I’ve faced in my life to Mike giving me a hug and an ear, they are the best. My super amazing boss at the store who has become like another member to my family, she takes care of me and more than that cares about me. There are million pieces to my puzzle, a million oddly shaped pieces made up of colorful people with their own lives, problems, and identities, but when I place them all together and look at the whole puzzle they form the wonderful picture that is my life. I appreciate all of you, and I want to say a formal if not more than whispering thank you to Cindy. For all the moments I feel lost in hovering shadows my awesome God sends me someone or something to help me see that if not in this moment, someday I’ll be alright.
I won’t be posting until after my trip home. I hope everyone has a marvelous Easter, a few blessed moments with family, and a couple of colorful eggs hidden to enjoy the day.

1 comment:

GrumpyTeacher1 said...

Happy Easter!