Monday, April 24, 2006

Release

The tornado siren is going round and round here. The trees are swaying in the wind while the clouds speed across the sky. I feel as if the world outside reflects the world inside of me. A storm has been brewing and is finally coming to fruition. Other than the rustle of the leaves and the siren it is eerily quiet out here. I am alone in sitting and watching the darkened sky. It measures up to a peaceful melancholy. The porch chimes are tinkling the warning that I should be inside. I can’t help but sit here and watch the weather grow more and more dire allowing the purity in the rage of nature to take me over. I was wrong to go against my instinct and listen to the sound of my mind. Perhaps that is the lesson I’ve learned, my gut has never failed me, thus making these past few months the calm before my storm, and just as the rain comes here so it comes inside me. It will cleanse me, water me, and wash away all that has created this moment. Under this downpour I can smell its freedom, I can taste its bitter release, and I can feel its calming cold. Tomorrow I will be new.

No comments: